Why be a Wilkins Chimney Sweep Franchisee?
We know you’re looking for a new opportunity and you’ve come to the right place. We’d love to share our story with you – all with the aim of building our team of franchisees in the UK, running profitable, expandable, saleable businesses. And having a good time doing it…
Here are just some of the things that attracted our franchisees to join us:
- Positive cash flow
- Multiple revenue streams
- Repeat business
- Market leading equipment
- Recession resistant services
- BFA Accredited Franchise
- Low start-up costs
- Outstanding training
- Support – ‘working for yourself not by yourself’!
If you can imagine yourself being part of a successful, friendly team of franchisees striving to achieve a common goal we’d love to hear from you.
Franchisees follow a proven model that maximises every interaction with a customer (without the need for a ‘hard sell’) whilst providing a safe, professional and efficient service in their home. They deliver a suite of services and products to support a year round, professional business, offering several income streams. None of our franchisees had experience at chimney sweeping before joining us (and most didn’t have any business experience!) – but they had the skills to learn a technical trade and, equally as important, to learn to run a successful business. You can learn more about the franchisees and their background on our ‘Meet the Team’ page.
Find out more about our Chimney Sweep Training.
The rise of open fire use, woodburner installations and householders opening up their fireplaces, combined with an increased awareness of the risks of using these without proper, regular maintenance drive demand for our chimney sweeping services. It is a traditional service which still involves brushes but includes a commercial vacuum cleaner and supporting technology that brings it into the 21st Century – small boys no longer used! With this in mind:
To build a national network of franchisees who have the best training, support, purchasing and knowledge base possible giving them competitive advantage whilst running ethical, sustainable businesses offering exceptional service to their local community.
To follow the WILKINS CHIMNEY SWEEP proven business model in their agreed territory – building a profitable business delivering chimney sweeping and peripheral services, embracing new opportunity, developing skills and following best practice.
Our Combined Mission:
To deliver a high quality professional chimney sweeping service to our local community; providing a fair deal for customers and suppliers and working as a team with to drive best practice. To be the ‘best in class’!
A WILKINS CHIMNEY SWEEP franchisee has a ‘unique’ proposition for our customers just by being part of a franchise. Since we deliver exception chimney sweep training and then go on to monitor the standards of our franchisee’s sweeping skills, customer service and business behaviour, customers can be assured that WILKINS CHIMNEY SWEEP franchisees are part of the only team of ‘independent’ chimney sweeps in the UK who are regularly assessed and answerable to someone beyond their professional association (if any).
Our first franchisees joined us in 2011 and the team is growing steadily, adding new business owners each year. We strive to ensure that every franchisee gets the best business opportunity, training, kit, back office systems and support that you would expect from an award winning franchise.
Our business style is open, collaborative, innovative, flexible and helpful. If you’re ready to be part of that environment we’re looking forward to hearing from you.
- Fulfil your ambition to run your own, very successful business and be your own boss
- We offer unrivalled practical chimney sweep training based with ‘live’ customers on real chimneys (you can expect to sweep or be involved in sweeping around 80 chimneys during training)
- You’ll learn how to run a successful business
- The operations manual guides on every aspect of growing your business – but there is a human support team too!
- Trade as WILKINS CHIMNEY SWEEP, established 1895 (a very strong brand).
- Use a secondary brand: WILKINS POWER CLEAN to support a year round business
- Join the LARGEST team of independent chimney sweeps trading under one brand
- Join an award-winning team who receive full technical, business and marketing support year round to help their business grow and succeed
- Our customers are secure in the knowledge that our teams are backed with the highest technical training and support
What do we include?
- Exclusive local territory
- 2 weeks practical chimney sweep training live with customers
- 1 week business training (including systems & accounting)
- Ladder use accreditation with the Ladder Association
- Extensive top quality kit
- Branded clothing
- Marketing Launch including website and vehicle signage
- Personalised, award winning, marketing material (and a centralised ordering system)
- Comprehensive Operations Manual
- Software license for booking system (CRM)
- SUPPORT: face to face or telephone, annual conference, regional meetings, on-line training, business planning, reviews, assessments and IT help!
To learn more about our operations business please visit our website www.wilkinschimneysweep.co.uk